Monday, January 24, 2011

I ♥ Winter Snowflakes! ♥TSTR #46♥

This week's challenge at the Shabby Tea Room is called "Winter Wonderland" It is to make a card/project with a winter theme. I decided to make an acrylic snowflake that can be hung around the home to celebrate both winter and Valentine's Day!
I first took 2 pages of an acrylic snowflake album and adhered a piece of Webster's Pages paper to one of them. I then applied some white paint around the edges. I then took the second snowflake and inked the edges white and then applied some clear glue and white glitter over the white inked edges. I then applied some Melissa Frances rub-ons, wooden snowflakes which I also painted white and glittered up and then added some red wooden hearts to the center which I added some ice crystals to and a pearl. I then finished up the snowflake with some more pearls and white seam binding ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.
This week's sponsor is Lori Designs Digi Stamps.
The winner of this week's challenge will win a $10 gift certificate to her shop.
Don't forget to visit the rest of the Shabby Girls!

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

~ Really Reasonable Ribbons: #16 Heart theme with ribbon
~ Wee Memories: Free your Creativity WMC40
~ The Beary Scrap Challenge Blog: Friendship or Love

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs...

15 comments:

Zolyshka said...

Such a sweet card! Love the little snowflakes with heart centers... Also the powdered edges.... Love it!

Loz said...

gorgeous melissa, have no idea what it must be like to have valentine's day in the winter... but I wish I did cause this is simply gorgeous! ♥

marilise said...

i loved your snowflakes , i wish i could create something special aswell

Ciacchina said...

che bella decorazione, mi piace molto!

Anne said...

Stunning Melissa, love it
Anne x

vena7 said...

fantastyczne te płatki śniegu i duże i małe..wspaniała praca.

Anonymous said...

Oh its just adorable!!!!
Jen

Sudha said...

Beautiful work dear. I like the idea.

Debbie said...

Absolutley yummy ... love me some snowflakes -- especially the acrylic kind :)

Diane said...

Beautiful....love all the little details!! If you want some "more" snowflakes, let me know and I'll send you some real ones...it hasn't quit snowing here for weeks, and its "scheduled" for another week...LOL!

jeanie g said...

Love these snowflakes Melissa!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

beautiful! just beautiful!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a terrific project! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Melissa, this really looks like an icy snowflake carved out of ice! It is neat inspiration for the TSTR challenge. Thanks for your kind comment on my submission for that challenge. :D

Jinny Newlin said...

So sweet, Melissa! LOVE every, last, litte detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!